Sunday, October 10, 2010
As I walked into class late I realized that Dr. Williams was our speaker I was very shocked because she was the speaker in my class the day before. At first glance, I was very intimidated by Dr. Williams for some odd reason. Dr. Williams spoke about the basic components of research. The first one would be to state the problem or challenge, that includes to advance in knowledge, to solve a problem. The next step was literature review. The third was methodology, which included how you were going to retrieve the information you chose to use, such as is the information coming from primary sources or secondary sources. The fourth is called framework and that is how you choose to present your information such as in a report or a power point. Fifth, is the development of the thesis, and the last is the conclusion which you should discuss limitations you and your group came to during the project or any last thoughts. Afterward, she spoke on on what Freshman Seminar was all about and what our blogs should entail. She read some of the blogs that have been writte and some of the blogs that caught her eye. All in all, it was a good speech and i felt very motivated to do research and better myself not only as a student, but as a human being
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment