Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Second Blog on a Group Presentation
The second group I took notes on had a presentation about stress and how it particularly affects Howard University's students in the negative ways. They first took the base dictionary definition of: A mental or physical strain that comes from outside factors that can be environmental, personal or physical as well. They expounded on that with some symptoms of overstress like lack of sleep, frequent urination, and dry mouth and irritability. They passed out a test, and as a part of the Freshman/Sophomore group, I accordingly scored over 300 points, meaning that I am super stressed in my life right now. According to the group, stress reduction methods also correlate with cardiovascular disease, and they can reduce the risk of getting it by 75%. To me that was pretty fascinating, knowing that simple reduction techniques could effectively stop a life threatening risk like heard attacks. They talked about reducing stress since it cannot be entirely stopped like other performance damaging things such as diseases and viruses. Time management seemed to play a humongous role in this reducing stress portion. More than one of their scholarship sources said so, and they also reiterated it with their presentation. Other factors were actually asking professors for help, and to just be simply organized. In fact their scholarship wrote a book entitled "Stress 101" I think Dr. Livingston helped their powerpoint prove its point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment