Thursday, December 2, 2010

Omulabi and community resoponsibility

Walking into Freshman Seminar today, I felt like this lecture was going to be good and in the end I was right. Dr. Gbadegeshin came and talked to the class told a common African folktale.  He talked about a girl and a guy who was in a relationship. The two love each other but the guy treated the girl wrong in every way possible. Even though they had arguments the girl stuck through with it until she had enough. She left the man and took all her stuff with her. Eventually the guy lost all of his money and he started looking for the girl he lost. He traveled through mountains and rivers looking for the girl that he thought he would never find. He found her and he told her that he wanted her back and she said no if he doesn’t change the way we treated her. The moral of the story is to treat the girl right that your with because you never know what might happen in the long run. He then jumped into the drums and what it means. I liked how he transferred the language of the drums to English terms.  I thought it was really unique how he did it. I hope he comes back to the class, I enjoyed his lecture.
 Albert Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment