Monday, September 13, 2010

1st lecture

I was very skeptical about what our first lecture would consist of. Honestly, I thought it would be boring and pointless. Boy was I wrong! Little did i know, I was about to hear one of the best lectures of my life.The first lecture consisted of information about our African ancestors. Dr Carr touched on our egyptian ancestry and others who have dwelled throughout the years. The lecture was very moving and it put me in touch with information about our forefathers. I learned that when we recieve education we must not only hold it for our use, but we must make sure that it passes down from generation to generation so that we all can benefit from it. Sharing information is more beneficial than keeping it to yourself. Dr. Carr is the type of individual that makes you eager to learn about our History as African Americans and to spread it to everyone around. Every time he speaks, I am moved and I am encouraged to do better by myself and also to my African American race.

No comments:

Post a Comment