Thursday, December 2, 2010

African Burial Ground

I didn’t want to go to the African burial ground in the beginning. I was so tired and I didn’t get any sleep that night either. I stayed up for the whole 24hrs and I was wide awake during the trip. The bus ride was all horrible, it was so hot and uncomfortable I didn’t enjoy it at all. When we got off the bus that’s when it started. I enjoyed when Dr. Carr talked about our ancestors and how he poured water on the ground to ask for the respect of our ancestors. He told us to say ashay to let them know we are asking for respect to come into their territory. We then headed to the sculpture part of the museum. It was the different parts of and what the Africans did. We then went inside the museum and we looked at the different bodies and how they were messed up during the burial ground. We looked at this presentation and it explained how the Africans lived their lives and the struggles they had to go through. I was shocked on how much they experienced I was thankful that I didn’t have to go through that in my life. I was glad that I went on the trip and I enjoyed myself.
Albert Ellis 

No comments:

Post a Comment