Dr Carr introduced us about the African history. The history helped me open up on different parts I f Africa. He talked about the language. He was so intrigued about the African culture he began to talk about the African language. The different words he was bringing up shows how important the culture was. The words he talked about I never even heard them before. He also said that our ancestors went through so much. They were being carried in chains on ships to be taken to work in the fields. They had it hard and I wish it wasn’t them that had to go through it. They Growing up I never even learned African Literature because my teachers never told me about it. In class we would always talk about the Civil War and the Vietnam War but never anything about how our ancestors struggled just to be here. I was amazed how he preached the African literature. He was so strong about it. To this day I’m still amazed and I want to be in one of his classes so that way I can understand more about the subject. I enjoyed this lecture a lot which is a reason why I liked freshman seminar for the semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment