Thursday, December 2, 2010

African burial ground

The African burial ground was a very interesting and informative field trip. Firstly, New York was a great experience in itself. The scenery and the environment was a great experience. At first, I initially just wanted to go shopping in New York and that was mostly why I went on the trip. My opinion was suddenly changed once we embarked on our journey at the African Burial Ground. The things that were talked about were very interesting and I learned that much more about my African forefathers. Another thing that interested me as well was the video shown inside of the building about how the slaves lived decades ago. The sculptures seemed so realistic that I thought they were regular people. After the African Burial ground I went shopping in Harlem and found a lot of things that fit my taste. All in all, the trip was a splendid success.

No comments:

Post a Comment