Thursday, December 2, 2010

Self Reflection

During the beginning of freshman seminar I thought the class was going to be stupid and dumb. I didn’t think I was going to learn anything in this class. I really thought this class was going to be pointless because I took freshman seminar in high school and it was exactly like that. In the middle freshman seminar started opening up my mind and I started to become intrigued in the class. I enjoyed the lectures especially the one that Dr. Ghabasgin talked about. That really showed me what I needed to do and how to treat the lady right. I also liked the lecture when the guy came dressed up in a dashiki, I thought that was pretty cool how the school blended in with the African culture. When I first came to Howard I didn’t think teachers would come to class dressed up in African Clothing I thought it was going to be way different than that. I enjoyed the blend of the two,the new age versus the old age. I liked his lecture and how he used music from the ojays and put it in his lecture. In the end, I think I struggled with the most was listening to the lectures and not understanding what they were talking about. It seemed as if it was going in one ear and out the other. I can’t believe how I attended every class and took a note that wasn’t like me in high school. I enjoyed the trip and I had an amazing time in the class and I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment