Friday, December 3, 2010

Self Evaluation

I came into freshman seminar confused. At first I thought the class was going to be  structured very differently than it actually was, and just that alone was enough to make me not like the class. But over the weeks, with the different scholarship from all over the world coming in and lecturing us on the importance of contemporary issues, I began to take my first opinion of the class and change it a little. I realized that there are things at hand greater than myself, and one of the greatest lessons I learned in the class is reaching back while moving forward. Turning around after my success and helping those less fortunate, or those that want to be successful in life. I learned that if I don't advance the community around me that my success will have been for nothing, for what use is a successful man if he has success alone and does nothing for others? There's no values in that. I looked at some department heads and excellent professors get up and deliver impassioned speeches, that really showed how involved they were with helping others and advising us, the class of 2010. So I was very grateful for that. The class also taught me a little about group work and research, that through the combined effort of many individuals from many different fields that it's still possible to solve today's problems, from many different perspectives. I learned that with a common goal in sight, that any group of people can achieve success if they work hard enough through good means.

No comments:

Post a Comment